Examinations & Assessments
Show Judge Certificate
Take you experience in showing honey and honey products to the next level
In order to commence the assessment you must meet a number of entry requirements and hold the Basic Certificate. For full details please download the syllabus.
Candidates wishing to take the Show Judges Assessment must apply for a record book from the Examinations Board Secretary to record the following over a five year period
- Stewarding for a number of BBKA Judges at county or national level or honey shows with more than 100 entries.
- Judging at a number of Honey shows where 3 of the shows are assessed by 3 different BBKA Show Judges.
- A final supervised judging and viva voce.
- Record of awards at honey shows at third prize or higher at County or National level
- Record of other relevant experience such as Show Secretary
To apply for the assessment, complete the Application Form and send it with the Fee to your Area Examination Secretary or if an individual member, direct to the National Beekeeping Centre at Stoneleigh.
The BBKA Examination Secretary will contact you with the assessment details.
Download your Syllabus for the Show Judge Certificate and Application Form from the Documents column on this page.