Welcome to Nottinghamshire Beekeepers' Association website...
This is the website of the Nottinghamshire Beekeepers' Association.
Jobs for September
- estimate winter food stores by hefting hives and/or inspecting each frame
- top up the stores to +/- 20kg by feeding heavy syrup
- monitor for Varroa mites and treat immediately if the natural drop exceeds 20 mites per day
- monitor again after treatment to ensure it has been successful
- remove queen excluder towards the end of the month if you are leaving a super of honey on the hive. Clean it and store under the roof ready for use next season.
Beginners courses coming in early 2015 - details will be posted here soon