- Agricultural Show (7)
- Honey Show (14)
- National Event (10)
- Gardening (14)
- Flower Show (6)
- Training (62)
- International Event (6)
- Scientific (3)
- Lecture (13)
- Members' Event (7)
- Education (3)
- Honey Bee Health (1)
- Honeybee Health (1)
- Auction (3)
- Bee Market (2)
- Spring Convention (2)
- Cultural (4)
- Taster Session (12)
- Beekeeping Courses 2012 (2)
- Beekeeping Courses 2013 (63)
- Independently run courses (6)
- Independent course (1)
- Food Festival (1)
12th September 2011
Health From Honeybees Event and Exhibition
Health From Honeybees at the British Science Festival - Monday 12 September 2011 at the Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering Science, University of Bradford.
The British Science Festival is back and it’s bigger than ever. It is one of Europe's largest science festivals, taking place each September.
This year the Festival will be held in the city of Bradford bringing you the latest in science, technology and engineering. The theme for the 2011 Festival is 'Exploring new worlds'.
The Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering Science, based at the University of Bradford is proud to announce we will be holding two events as part of this prestigious festival on Monday 12 September 2011 focusing on “Health from Honey Bees” – one will be in an exhibition format and the other an event format. See attached flyers for more information.
Health from Honey Bees Exhibition will be held from 9.00am until 3.00pm in the Atrium of Richmond Building, University of Bradford, BD7 1DP
Health from Honey Bees Event will be held from 3.30pm until 5.00pm in J19, Richmond Building, University of Bradford, BD7 1DP
- How do honey bees naturally produce products that have health benefits?
- Come on a journey with us to see how these bee products (apiceuticals) are transformed into new medicines and healthcare products for human and animal health
- Meet with our scientists and view our posters to learn more about the science behind transforming bee made raw products into healthcare products
- There will also be a “hands-on” session with audience participation and showcase of products to touch, hold, taste and smell!
- University bee keepers will also be presenting on the art of bee keeping.
More information on the British Science Festival
Both of the events are free to attend. However, booking is essential for the Health from Honey Bees Event