- Adopt a Beehive (26)
- BBKA Info (56)
- BBKA News (19)
- Fundraising (10)
- Asian Hornet (9)
- Honey Bee Health (47)
- Education (11)
- Gardening (5)
- Wildflowers (4)
- APHA (2)
- Opportunities for Members (3)
- Staff Announcements (2)
- Flood (2)
- Honeybee Health (8)
- Worker Bee (1)
- Honey (11)
- Honey Survey (7)
- Pesticides (7)
- Spring Convention (2)
- Spring Convention 2016 (1)
- Training (4)
- survey (4)
- Small Hive Beetle (4)
- Research (7)
- Urban envrionment (2)
- Winter Survey (8)
- swarms (3)
- damage (1)
- Storm (1)
- Flower Show (2)
- Membership (5)
- Debate (2)
- Pollination Corridors (1)
- National Event (1)
15th March 2017
BBKA has vacancy for Honorary Treasurer
The BBKA needs a new Honorary Treasurer. This is a volunteer role that pays expenses. You will need to be a suitably qualified and experienced Accountant. Anyone interested in applying should send their CV to the BBKA's General Manager, Leigh Sidaway, firstname.lastname@example.org
HONORARY TREASURER OF THE BRITISH BEEKEEPERS’ ASSOCIATION (BBKA)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS
1. The role is for a suitably qualified and experienced Accountant willing to commit time to support the financial function of the BBKA.
2. Reporting is to the Chair of the Finance Committee (Chair)
3. Attendance and participation in all Executive Committee (EC) and Finance Committee (FC) meetings, usually held at the National Beekeeping Centre at Stoneleigh near Coventry, amounting usually to no more than 6 FC meetings on a Friday afternoon, and 6 EC meetings on the following Saturday.
4. The BBKA Bookkeeper (Bookkeeper) reports administratively to the General Manager, but is given technical and operational support by the Treasurer, including authorization to make BACS payments and cheque signing.
5. The Bookkeeper is responsible for operation of the SAGE accounting and payroll systems, for the preparation of monthly Financial Statements and related management information as required, for payments (generally by BACS) and all bank reconciliations, - and for BBKA Enterprises Ltd VAT returns.
6. The Treasurer reviews the financial statements and in conjunction with the Chair prepared related commentaries for submission to EC meetings. These are agreed for submission by the FC.
7. The Treasurer has responsibility in conjunction with the Chair for : The overall relations with banking institutions The appointment of and relationship with independent fund managers used to manage BBKA funds, and reports to the FC on developments in this area
8. The Treasurer in conjunction with the Chair works with the General Manager in the establishment and updating of all insurance policies
9. The Bookkeeper, in conjunction with the Chairs of various committees established by the EC, assembles the annual Budget proposals and commentary for review by the Treasurer and Chair prior to submission to the FC, and subsequently to the EC and for final approval at the BBKA Annual Delegates’ Meeting.
10.The Treasurer, in conjunction with the Chair is responsible for the BBKA’s relationship with its auditors, and for supervising the annual closing, and annual report and account preparation.
11.The Treasurer in conjunction with the Chair liaises with BBKA Enterprises Ltd, BBKA's trading arm
12.There is no remuneration for this honorary role, but all reasonable expenses incurred in the conduct of this role are reimbursed in accordance with the BBKA expenses policy
13.Knowledge of bees and beekeeping is not a requirement for this position, but has obvious advantages.
14. The appointment is initially anticipated for a period of 12 months.